Inspecting Stucco or EIFS is much
different than a normal home inspection. In order to properly perform an inspection of Synthetic Stucco or EIFS the inspector
should undergo an extensive training program to understand the differences between Synthetic Stucco and other types of veneers.
of this there are only a handful of Stucco Inspectors in the Greater Charlotte, NC and York County, SC area.
Inspector Paul is
proud of the fact that he is the only Synthetic Stucco inspector that is also a:
Licensed General Contractor
and SC Licensed Home Inspector
of ASHI-American Society of Home Inspectors
of NCLHIA-North Carolina Licensed Home Inspectors Association
Association of Home Inspectors
NOT PERFORM REPAIRS ON HOMES HE INSPECTS
NOT OFFER HIS OWN STUCCO WARRANTIES
Why is it important that my stucco inspector not do any repair work?
- If your inspector offers to make any repairs on his findings how can you be sure the findings are honest?
- If you hire the inspector to perform the repair work, who can you hire to review the repair work and make sure that
everything was repaired and repaired properly?
- The American Society of Home Inspectors-the nations largest, oldest, and most respected Society of Home Inspectors
requires that all members do not perform repairs on homes they inspect. This is because it is a conflict of interest
and there is the potential for the client or home buyer to get taken advantage of if the inspector / repair contractor is
Why is it important that my stucco inspector not offer his own warranties?
- If you choose to have a stucco warranty, you’ll also want to have interim inspections to be sure that everything
- If the person who inspected your home offered the warranty directly he will insist on doing the interim inspections.
- If he finds out that damage has occurred during an interim inspection it will cost him money out of his own pocket
to repair the damage, so he may be hesitant to disclose that he found damage.
If you interested in obtaining
a Stucco Warranty, Inspector Paul follows the inspection protocol of the nation’s largest stucco insurer and his reports
are accepted for review and possible warranty coverage. With this solution you can feel safe that your warranty company will not disappear,
you can feel secure that your interim and post repair inspections will be through and honest. Warranties
are written by Moisture Warranty Corporation.
"Your report is excellent! The level of detail
far exceeded my expectations. I appreciate your assistance." - Clarissa Felts - Mooresville, NC
"...Your report was the most thorough one we have ever had done.
Seeing the pictures along with the problem areas really help..." Fran Schwartz - Synthetic Stucco / EIFS Homeowner Charlotte,